View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:58 PM   #55
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
#1 Seller in One Category at Kindle Store--Bk to Help Children See Their Uniqueness.

And, it's free!

I realize now why I didn't post this earlier in the day--it doesn't have enough ratings for me to obey my rule about a book having to have a minimum of 20 posts before I'll post it. Oh well, it's too late now. And all 12 ratings are 5's.

While I was working on posting this book, I realized another thing that YA books have to face--the YA designation takes in several age groups. That's not true of any other genre that I can think of. If someone is over, say 18 years of age, he or she would be able to comprehend a book in any other genre (I'm not saying difficulty). By all rights, the YA thread should have more posts than the other ones, not less!

Amazon says that this book is appropriate for Age Level 0-5 and Grade Level P-K.

Self-published, but I saw nothing in the O.P. forbidding that on this thread.

My Spots. By Marina V.; Victoria Usova (Illustrator). Rated 5.0 stars, but from only 12 reviews at Amazon at the present moment. Print list price $13.50; digital list price $3.99; Kindle price now $0.00. Amazon Digital Services LLC, publisher. 19 pages. https://www.amazon.com/My-Spots-Mari...dp/B01CDL8050/.

Book Description
This book is about self-love for kids. It’s about finding our own unique spots and being okay with what nature gave us. It’s about seeing what beautiful spots are found in nature by looking at animals and their spots and markings. I was inspired by my first daughter who was born with a Mongolian mark on her leg. She noticed it when she was just a baby and often asked me to wash it off or remove it. I felt so bad that I couldn’t remove it. Each time she would look at it she seemed upset so I told her that her birthmark is just like the marks on many animals in nature. I told her just like a leopard has its spots so does she and that it’s unique to her. This book expands on that idea and hopefully helps little kids accept their birthmarks whatever they may be by illustrating some of nature’s animals/birds/fish/insects and their marks or what I call in the book “spots.”

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-02-2017 at 10:02 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote