View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 03:14 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
How come?
Because @BookCat read it somewhere on that trustworthy thing called the internet. Though it is a new thing to me. He might have it mixed up. The usual suggestion is to keep the charge level away from the extremes. That usually means don't charge above a certain level and recharge before it drops below a certain level. I think 80% and 20% are common recommendations. Using 80% as the upper level might be an idea if you really wanted to extend the lifetime of the battery.

My opinion, as yet another random person posting on the internet, is don't worry about it. The way Li-Ion cells work, means that you should just use the battery when you need it, and charge it when you can. Li-ion batteries start losing they capacity the moment that they are manufactured. Anything you do to extend the lifetime basically means that you don't use the battery. Or use it in a very limited way.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote