View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 03:35 PM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
It's just like all large amounts of data, one does it as one goes along. You like to edit your books: if you have ten, twenty or fifty eBooks, you might think it is a good idea, but hundreds, thousands, ...?

Paper books take up a lot of space, the type may not be big enough, the formatting my not be to a person's liking, ... there are many reasons why people buy eBooks over pbooks.
I started to edit my ebooks when I already had more than a thousand.

Ebooks have many advantages, but they'll never mimic paper books in all or even most aspects (fortunately, IMO), so it's pretty useless to complain about them not being like physical books. Of course they aren't. They're vastly more flexible. If all you want is that they look, feel and behave like physical objects, then obviously you'd better use actual physical books, as you'll never get what you're missing otherwise.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote