View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 03:37 PM   #6
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Okay, I tried again and I think I had inspector examining the wrong line.

I see the "user agent stylesheet" listed with the conflicting styles (font size and font weight) with a line through them in the "user agent stylesheet".

That is because the stylesheet with your code is overruling the "user agent" stylesheet. To illustrate, change your css to font-size: 250% and you will see the resulting Preview image grow considerably in size.

Your css stylsheet is taking precedence not the built in default styling for the "h1" tag they call the "user agent".

Are you sure you remembered to link your stylesheet with the xhtml file?
Yes, you are right. My bad, I was reading the hierarchy wrong. The active font-weight is indeed bold. However, bold is not displayed in the preview window.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a good screen shot, since the inspector disappears as soon as the window loses focus. I'll keep trying.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote