View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 03:10 PM   #6
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I would suggest uninstalling Safe Web and any other Norton product. At best, they are no better than Microsoft's builtin security tools and they tend to throw up many more false positives (Norton is pretty much as bad as McAfee for false positives).
I usually avoid Norton and McAfee -- because they charge a yearly fee instead of just letting you buy software and because they make the computer slower. In most cases, I find that Microsoft's security tools do the job.

But recently, Microsoft's security tools detected a Trojan in Word files I was sent for work. The Microsoft tools blocked the Trojan and removed the file -- but I couldn't get a clean version. I guess their software didn't detect any issues. This took days of back and forth.

So I gritted my teeth and bought a Norton bundle. And it cleaned the file for me so that I could finally do my job. As much as it pains me to admit this, it was worth the licensing fee.

Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote