View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 03:37 PM   #77
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Just discovered BookFusion and Yomu. I've tested them both on my iPad mini. Both have a pleasing appearance, as do a number of other readers. When it comes to PDFs, however, both have a limitation. Sometimes, if you scan a document into PDF, you have "watermarks" on the digital pages, which then get in the way of reading clearly. GoodReader allows you to remove these watermarks. Many reading apps do not. Adding the ability to remove watermarks would be a big plus.

Secondly, in trying ePubs, BookFusion sometimes crashes when I tap a footnote number in the text, sometimes not. I tried the same eBooks in other readers (such as Yomu and Books) and did not have that issue. Most readers take you to the page where the footnote is located. I like readers that make the footnote appear in a popup window on the page I am reading at the moment. Moon Reader and Kindle do this.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote