Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 07:27 PM   #12
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4; Galaxy Tab
"...may be very interesting for all type of repeated features"
It certainly is. However, it is specially convenient in dealing with books that use whitespace alone for scene breaks. Whitespace is an irritating waste of space for me. The method of pseudo-elements can add a visual break without touching the HTML code or even altering the original CSS. This is easy when the whitespace is produced by adding space to any paragraph above or below where the break is wanted. Style a pseudo-element version of that paragraph and you are done. Presumably the original code will serve as a fallback if that is relevant. I've used the method only on Amazon and Samsung products for about 12 years so I do not know that range of support beyond that.

Last edited by Brett Merkey; 04-18-2024 at 07:40 PM.
Brett Merkey is offline   Reply With Quote