View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 05:57 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspear View Post
@theducks

Thanks. I will back that up going forward.... Like I said, this was self inflicted. I used a cloud backup service, and switched providers, so I do not have any backups. Not the end of the world since I still have my books.

@BetterRed

Thanks. I will use that; and move the config to my data disk which is fully backed up.

Tim
Unless the cloud backup service has a one way sync to go from your computer the cloud server, do not use it. If something was to get corrupted on the cloud server, you could end up with it corrupted on your computer.

You would be best to get some external hard drives and use FreeFileSync to make backups of specific things. That way you won't be at risk of a two-way sync messing things up. For one thing, a two-way cloud sync can mess up your calibre libraries. There have been many posts on MR about this very issue.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote