View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 06:23 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You could get a fireproof safe. You could store the backups at your parents house or your in-laws or some other location. The thing is, I would not want to risk my active data on a two-way sync. So what we need is cloud service programs that allow us to have two-way, and one-way with it being our choice of which way.
My parents are dead, and I have no in-laws or other relatives I visit often enough to keep my back-ups up to date.

A fireproof safe is far more bother than a cloud server, nor is it 100% reliable. Despite what you seem to think, keeping a copy of your library on a cloud is totally safe. Things don't get mysteriously corrupted on a cloud server just by themselves; things get messy when you keep a live library in the cloud AND use it on more than one device.

I'm not saying you should rely solely on a cloud server; the best way is to keep both local and cloud backups.

Last edited by Sirtel; 04-16-2024 at 06:30 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote