View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 01:26 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspear View Post
Fires are just one problem. A friend lost pretty much everything when his house was flooded by a pipe bursting on the top floor while they were on vacation. The "fire proof" safe was in the basement (as suggested) was not designed to be submerged with water as the basement filled with water.

Any sorts of natural disaster can cause you to lose it all if you do not have remote backups. (I am in IT, and continuity of operations is a consideration)

Tim
A couple of local backups, a local backup stored offsite which for me, since I retired, is one of my offsprings' garage and a cloud backup or two. Belt, suspenders and check all the backups for ability to restore in a regular basis.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote