View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 09:16 PM   #124
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Please remember Sigil is a cross platform application.

Qt handles shortcuts directly and needs to remap modifiers on the mac side so the apple key becomes a Ctrl key. They do this so programs can support both mac and linux and Windows when using standard Ctrl-C for copy, etc. It gets remapped to Apple-C internally for macs and so on.

And macs do not need or use menu accelerator keys as they have a unified menu bar and system defined keys to access all menus using the keyboard.

If you think accelerator keys are important for any specific dialog, please pick which letters on which menus. Also get some buy-in from other Windows users of Sigil before formally proposing them making the assignments as clear as possible, and as I get free time I will try to apply them. Testing them will be up to Windows users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The dialogue also lacks Accelerator keys.

Other single line text boxes (e.g. "Set folder where temporary files should be created:") do allow one to Tab to the next control (in that case the "Auto" button).

IMO using a single line text box for entering keyboard shortcut values was a mistake, most of other apps I use take a different approach - see attachments. I quite like the second one, like Sigil it has a sortable/searchable list.

BR
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote