View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 07:52 AM   #131
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
First, congrats. I am a lover of Sigil and a fanatic apostle of it. I am translating your manual into Spanish but it will take me some time (too much work in my life, as everybody. I am a professional editor).

Second, I would like to do 2 request:

a) A portable version of Sigil.
Yesterday I had an exam of HTML / CSS and I miss a portable version of Sigil to carry in a USB pendrive. I had to use Notepad++.

b) A Sigil-web-editor
I discovered that Sigil is easier to use than VisualCode for editing webs. Other good tool was BlueGriffon but... it is dead (http://www.bluegriffon.org/). Why? Because Sigil has:

—A viewer on fly that shows me what I am doing just in time and I don't need to refresh it. The best for a newbie!
—Buttons for all (for making list, for inserting images, etc.)

Could be possible to adapt Sigil as a web editor? I guess the only thing it needs are two things:

—A feature 'export as...' (web page, web site or whatever, not only EPUB).
—Automatic closing of tags, for avoiding to write too much (I mean: a word automatic completion of a tag and also to put the closing tag without using ctrl+. ).

Thanks in advance and apologizes for my English (I am quite better EN-SP).
a) I think there is a portable version of Sigil someplace for Windows users. Please search for a reputable one or ask in a new thread if people can recommend where to download from.

b) In general we are not interested in supporting web development as epubs use xhtml not html. That said you should explore Sigil Plugins. There already is a FolderOut plugin that can just the files to any folder. So creating your own plugin to export or save files anyplace should be easily doable. There already is a close tag feature than can be invoked by shortcut. Plus using Sigil Clips to enter template tag pairs already does most of that to speed entry. Plus Sigil's Mend will close tags left open by following the html parsing rules. You can also use our PageEdit app for proofing and minor typo correction.

Glad to hear you like Sigil.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote