View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 03:48 AM   #108
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Doing a credit card chargeback might get you banned from Amazon (and many other sites too). Chargeback is not something you do lightly though, a last resort.
When I got drafted into basic military service, which was over 20 years ago, I was unable to pay some of my bills to Amazon via debit card, and they did, very unsurprisingly, lock my account. You need to keep in mind, that basic military service really didn't pay much at all, because you get "free food and housing", and it's only for 9 months. Back then it was actually very easy to unlock the account, I just had to pay my due Amazon bills.

Back then, Amazon had huge problems with the Better Business Bureau in Germany, and they legally cannot prevent access to bought content (e.g. books for Kindle) so, at least 20 years ago, even a chargeback couldn't get you fully banned on Amazon.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote