Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-28-2016, 01:58 AM   #1
abundance
abundance began at the beginning.

Device: none
my ebook disappeared when reopen in sigil

I created an ebook using sigil and saved it. The next day i reopened it to add and edit but only the first page was there. Now I have to redo my book. How do I fix this problem. Thanks
abundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
What OS? What version of Sigil? Where did you download it? How did you save it?

Are you sure you properly created and added other chapters? How did you add them? Where (what app) did they originate from?

Did you manually edit or play with the content.opf file?

Have you tried copying the epub and changing its file extension to .zip and unzipping it to see if the files are actually inside the sip?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

The only time I have ever seen 'lost', is when you EXIT with malformed files.
Look under: Misc in the File browser
Sigil flattens folders, you can NOT have 2 files with the same name, with only the Originating FOLDER name being different. The flattening process will stomp previous versions.

Code:
..\chapter1\img01.jpg

..\chapter2\img01.jpg
Only the second (chapter)image will survive

AFAIK, you can NOT CREATE this structure from within Sigil. The issue only exists if you OPEN a book with this kind of structure
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:17 PM   #4
abundance

re my ebook disappeared when reopen in sigil

Thanks for your help so far. The version of Sigil I am using is 0.9.5. My book is only 26 pages and has only one chapter. I perform a "save as" - the only option I get is to save it as an epub.

My operating system is Windows 7

I have also been opening it with an ereader to review....perhaps this causes problems?

The next day when I reopen Sigil and the file it only shows the first page and i end up rewriting the whole book again. Obviously this is something I want to avoid.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #5
abundance

my ebook disappeared when reopen in sigil

I have found my missing pages by >view>book browser.

Problem solved and no rewriting. Thanks everyone
Advert
Old 05-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by abundance View Post
I have found my missing pages by >view>book browser.

Problem solved and no rewriting. Thanks everyone
Ah!
You could not SEE your work.
The view menu has controls for which 'Panes are visible
I have more than 1 Monitor, So I detach the Preview Pane and move it to a (old 768x1024) monitor, leaving more room for the Edit Pane, File Browse Pane and TOC Pane ( You can Stack the last 2 on each other:will be Tabed, It takes some fussing to get it done)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote