Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2022, 11:22 PM   #1
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
Clara HD battery issue

My Clara HD has suddenly started going from 100% charge to 10% in less than a day.
I never turn it off, just put it to sleep with the sleep cover, could this be the cause? In the past a full battery has lasted a matter of weeks depending on use.
If the battery is faulty, is this a user-replaceable item?
Thanks.
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:29 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Do you have wifi disabled and auto sync off? Have you turned off the auto sleep and wake?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2022, 01:03 AM   #3
peejayw
Enthusiast
peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!peejayw , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Do you have wifi disabled and auto sync off? Have you turned off the auto sleep and wake?
Yes wi-fii and sync are both off. Auto sleep is off.
peejayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:30 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sounds like you may need a new battery.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:33 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejayw View Post

I never turn it off, just put it to sleep with the sleep cover

Just want to clarify that you know that turning off Auto sleep and wake means that closing the sleep cover won't actually sleep the device?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2022, 05:03 PM   #6
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It may also be worth noting that if you use a third-party sleep cover, it may not always activate sleep mode. My kwmobile cover triggers sleep mode about 1/3 of the time, so I gave up and use the power button to put my Libra to sleep when I'm done reading. Are you sure your Clara is actually sleeping?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 05:37 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My kwmobile case for my Aura H2O never had a problem putting the H2O to sleep.

I would highly recommend a kwmoble case for any Kobo.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:38 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejayw View Post
Basically you wore out the battery because you never put it to sleep.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:37 PM   #9
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Don't know if this is the same for Kobo, but one time my old Sony reader suddenly started discharging quickly. When I deleted a recently-added book it went back to normal. Back in the day, there were a few other reports of problems with bad books causing that behavior on Sonys.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:28 AM   #10
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would highly recommend a kwmoble case for any Kobo.
I also recommend a kwmobile case. The official one is overpriced. You just need to see if it's actually putting your Kobo to sleep before you assume that closing the case is working.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote