Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-02-2024, 02:04 PM   #1
gaving
gaving began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy A7 10.4 Tablet
Please help a Calibre/Kindle Scribe newbie!

Hi there - I have just bought a Kindle Scribe and used Calibre to put 10 books on it. My Scribe is up to date, it is synched and fully charged but when I see the books in my library, I am only getting the generic grey/white covers with the book title and authors name. I had all the covers that I wanted on Calibre but for some reason they did not transfer to the Scribe when I loaded them up. I am not technically minded so if you have a simple solution please share it with me.

Thanks

Gavin.
gaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 04:40 PM   #2
synecdoche
synecdoche began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've noticed that this happens sometimes with Calibre. Often reconnecting the Kindle to your computer again will resolve it.
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2024, 08:25 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by synecdoche View Post
I've noticed that this happens sometimes with Calibre. Often reconnecting the Kindle to your computer again will resolve it.
Probably only for Kindles except the Scribe because it uses MTP.a
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 10:49 AM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
This is why I hate calibre and don't use it
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 11:24 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
The fact that Amazon make it hard if not impossible for some features to be reliably implemented seems irrelevant to you

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2024, 02:15 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
The problem is Amazon, not Calibre. However not using Amazon isn't an option even if you don't read on a Kindle.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote