Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-02-2024, 09:24 AM   #1
TheRealJohnAdams
Enthusiast
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma, Onyx Page
How could I contact the owner of Calibre Companion? I want to buy & open source it.

I mean MultiPie Ltd., not Sam Cohen (though if you know how to get in touch with Sam, that could also be helpful). I do not have an enormous budget, but since I doubt MultiPie is making much money off of Calibre Companion at present, I'm hoping they will be open to selling it to me so I can take it open-source.

Currently existing alternatives (principally Calibre Sync) have equivalent or superior features but a worse user experience on e-ink. I am hoping that Calibre Companion can be developed into a e-ink-friendly library tool for devices like the Boox.
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJohnAdams View Post
I mean MultiPie Ltd., not Sam Cohen (though if you know how to get in touch with Sam, that could also be helpful). I do not have an enormous budget, but since I doubt MultiPie is making much money off of Calibre Companion at present, I'm hoping they will be open to selling it to me so I can take it open-source.

Currently existing alternatives (principally Calibre Sync) have equivalent or superior features but a worse user experience on e-ink. I am hoping that Calibre Companion can be developed into a e-ink-friendly library tool for devices like the Boox.
MultiPie doesn't have any rights to CC; they were sold to Sam Cohen. Only Sam can help you. There isn't anything MultiPie can do.

In this thread Sam expressed interest in selling CC. You could try private messaging him. You could also try contacting him through Google Play or the App Store.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 12:42 PM   #3
TheRealJohnAdams
Enthusiast
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
MultiPie doesn't have any rights to CC; they were sold to Sam Cohen. Only Sam can help you. There isn't anything MultiPie can do.

In this thread Sam expressed interest in selling CC. You could try private messaging him. You could also try contacting him through Google Play or the App Store.
I had thought that Sam was the original developer and he sold to MultiPie, who then abandoned it. His post about wanting to sell was 2021, and then the abandonment happened in 2022. Is that not how it went?
Old 05-02-2024, 12:49 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
MultiPie was the original developer. We sold it to Sam, who subsequently offered it for resale along with effectively abandoning it.

FWIW: my son did the iOS version and I did the Android version, starting in 2012.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:12 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How would CC be able to be installed on an iOS device if it was made open source?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 02:25 PM   #6
TheRealJohnAdams
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
MultiPie was the original developer. We sold it to Sam, who subsequently offered it for resale along with effectively abandoning it.

FWIW: my son did the iOS version and I did the Android version, starting in 2012.
Thank you for explaining. I will try to get in touch with Sam. He does not seem to be active on the site anymore or I would send him a message here. Thank you for all your work on Calibre Companion, by the way. It is still the best library management tool for e-ink Android devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How would CC be able to be installed on an iOS device if it was made open source?
Not sure I understand your question. Boox e-ink devices are Android; Calibre Companion currently works on them. I just think there are some improvements that would make CC even better for e-ink devices.