Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2022, 05:58 AM   #1
Erekle
Erekle began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Unhappy Clara Battery dies under 40-50%.Replacement?

Hi,

I purchased refurbished Clara HD about a year ago.

It's been 4th time I found it to be completely drained (previous day it was ~40-50%).

Tried going back from KOreader to Stock software and updating both of them to the latest versions, but still the same.

Any idea how to deal with this?

Any source where I can get the replacement battery?
Erekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 12:52 PM   #2
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Some people have discovered that a sudden battery drain on a Kobo has been the result of a magnetic cover. Do you have a cover? If you do, have you tried removing it?
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
Erekle
Erekle began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
Some people have discovered that a sudden battery drain on a Kobo has been the result of a magnetic cover. Do you have a cover? If you do, have you tried removing it?
Thanks for the response. No, I don't use one.
Erekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:05 PM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
It's a good idea to recharge the battery when it gets to about 60%.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #5
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
It's a good idea to recharge the battery when it gets to about 60%.
How come?
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2022, 03:14 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
How come?
Because @BookCat read it somewhere on that trustworthy thing called the internet. Though it is a new thing to me. He might have it mixed up. The usual suggestion is to keep the charge level away from the extremes. That usually means don't charge above a certain level and recharge before it drops below a certain level. I think 80% and 20% are common recommendations. Using 80% as the upper level might be an idea if you really wanted to extend the lifetime of the battery.

My opinion, as yet another random person posting on the internet, is don't worry about it. The way Li-Ion cells work, means that you should just use the battery when you need it, and charge it when you can. Li-ion batteries start losing they capacity the moment that they are manufactured. Anything you do to extend the lifetime basically means that you don't use the battery. Or use it in a very limited way.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:43 AM   #7
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Because @BookCat read it somewhere on that trustworthy thing called the internet. Though it is a new thing to me. He might have it mixed up.
BookCat, who is a she by the way, read this on mobileread. Admittedly, this may have been in relation to kindles, not kobos, but I imagine they have the same type of battery (Lion). So technically you're correct, I did read it on that 'trustworthy' thing called the internet.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 07:30 PM   #8
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erekle View Post
Hi,

I purchased refurbished Clara HD about a year ago.

It's been 4th time I found it to be completely drained (previous day it was ~40-50%).

Tried going back from KOreader to Stock software and updating both of them to the latest versions, but still the same.

Any idea how to deal with this?

Any source where I can get the replacement battery?
What you are experiencing is not new:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342090
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain