Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old Today, 04:48 AM   #8161
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
On sale on Amazon UK Marketplace today
To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Christopher Paolini
Reduced to 99p
Hard to beleive he's 40 now!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:45 AM   #8162
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
99c Kobo Ireland and 99p Amazon UK. "Silver on the Tree" by Susan Cooper. Big reduction.
Also £0.99 at eBooks.com UK. https://www.ebooks.com/en-gb/book/606668
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:50 AM   #8163
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That link takes to a Susan Cooper book Jon.
This is the one you meant I think https://www.ebooks.com/en-gb/book/21...opher-paolini/
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:53 AM   #8164
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
That link takes to a Susan Cooper book Jon.
This is the one you meant I think https://www.ebooks.com/en-gb/book/21...opher-paolini/
You've replied to the wrong post. I think you meant the post above mine talking about this book.
Old Today, 05:53 AM   #8165
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
On sale on Amazon UK Marketplace today
To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Christopher Paolini
Reduced to 99p
Hard to beleive he's 40 now!
Also on ebooks.com
https://www.ebooks.com/en-gb/book/21...opher-paolini/
Old Today, 05:54 AM   #8166
Martinoptic
Bibliolater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What? I linked to the same book as in the quote. Where did you get that book from?
Sorry Jon. I misread your post as pertaining to the Quoth one above yours, not the one you quoted. I’ll put my specs on…..

I changed it but not in time.
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #8167
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
Sorry Jon. I misread your post as pertaining to the Quoth one above yours, not the one you quoted. I’ll put my specs on…..
Old Today, 05:56 AM   #8168
Martinoptic
Bibliolater

That’s indeed where they came from but they can’t be blamed as I wasn’t wearing them. Oh dear the perils of growing older.
Old Today, 07:50 AM   #8169
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
Heads up about Open Road Media books:
I've come to realize they're poorly edited. The collection I got (Is That What People Do? by Robert Sheckley) has OCR-ed text, and one of the stories is actually a duplicate of another story. I see reports online that this a common problem with their offerings.
Would you mind telling which story is a duplicate?

I bought that volume (published 2014) some time ago, but haven't read it--though I have read a bunch of his stories in the past--and a quick look wasn't enough for me to spot the double.

I wish NESFA Press would publish their two Sheckley collections as ebooks.
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #8170
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Multiple books from Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea Cycle series are on sale today from the usual vendors.

The Tombs of Atuan (The Earthsea Cycle Series Book 2) - $1.99:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GTB52E

Tales from Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle Series Book 5) - $2.99:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZX86BO

The Other Wind (The Earthsea Cycle Series Book 6) - $2.99:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H1U22E

Kinda strange that I haven't seen A Wizard of Earthsea drop in over a year. That's usually the one that goes on sale most often. I ended up borrowing the book from Libby instead when I finally wanted to read it and got tired of waiting for a sale.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:29 AM   #8171
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
Multiple books from Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea Cycle series are on sale today from the usual vendors.

The Tombs of Atuan (The Earthsea Cycle Series Book 2) - $1.99:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GTB52E

Tales from Earthsea (The Earthsea Cycle Series Book 5) - $2.99:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZX86BO

The Other Wind (The Earthsea Cycle Series Book 6) - $2.99:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004H1U22E

Kinda strange that I haven't seen A Wizard of Earthsea drop in over a year. That's usually the one that goes on sale most often. I ended up borrowing the book from Libby instead when I finally wanted to read it and got tired of waiting for a sale.
There was the complete novels plus short stories plus illustrations cheap for a shortwhile a year or two ago. Re-read all the novels then and the shorts which i'd never seen.

Perhaps it will come up again.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote