Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #196
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That looks the inherent Qt dark mode. I've been having trouble getting the SIGIL_USES_DARK_MODE variable to behave lately. I'm actually trying to debug it right now!

I'll see what I can do. But it's getting harder and harder to force a light/dark theme that goes against the system/app setting with Qt on Windows.

In the meanwhile, you should be able to choose a custom color scheme on Windows: Apps dark/System light (or vice versa) that works well for me (with these latest Sigil betas). I realize that's a system-wide setting and not the Sigil-only override you're looking for, but we'll see what I can do.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #197
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
In the meanwhile, you should be able to choose a custom color scheme on Windows: Apps dark/System light (or vice versa) that works well for me (with these latest Sigil betas).
That's what I've been testing and I confirm that it works amazingly well. By changing the mode on the system, Sigil adapts its theme to the system.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM   #198
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I understand why the logic is failing to force a light theme when SIGIL_USES_DARK_MODE is set to 0, but that logic is turning very pretzel on me. I'll see if there's non-hacky way to fix it while preserving all other theming capabilities (including the inherent Qt dark fusion theme if desired).
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #199
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm just not certain I'm going to be able to keep the SIGIL_USES_DARK_MODE override any longer. Forcing a particular theme (from within Sigil) while simultaneously supporting on-the-fly switching when system colors change has become untenable, I'm afraid.

I'll keep trying for a bit, but I don't have much hope of getting it all to play nicely together. So I'll probably need to remove it. The good news is that it's easy enough to switch Windows themes/colors (with Sigil still running) if one needs to temporarily force a particular Sigil theme You can even switch it to see Sigil light with Windows dark or Sigil dark with Windows light.

I just don't see people missing it for very long.

Last edited by DiapDealer; Yesterday at 09:31 PM.