Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2024, 02:52 PM   #76
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
I have noticed in bright light that there is also a square overlay on the screen. Is this normal? I haven't seen anybody mention it.
My first Kobo, the 6" Aura had that same layer. It's the capacitive touch layer I believe.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 06:26 AM   #77
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's tin so thin it's transparent. It reduces panel brightness/whiteness a little which is why almost all the early eink had no touch and then IR touch (neither has extra layers).

The later Carta screens can have the touch integrated by E ink Corp for a slight contrast improvement (presumably on the top of the light-pipe layer. Other capacitive touch is using a 3rd party panel/layer on top of the eink light-pipe layer for the front lighting.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 12:00 AM   #78
Hartsock
Enthusiast
Hartsock began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
7 hours with the Libra 2? That seems exceptionally low, or am I misunderstanding what you wrote. I am a voracious reader and get many days of use with screen lighting around 25% and wifi on.
Hartsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #79
Bald Eagle
Connoisseur
Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
I'm still on the fence with the Libra Colour. Indoors, where the front light outshines the ambient even 18%-25% gives the background a whitish touch and it is basically ok. The colors are a novelty and quite pleasing
In sunlight, however, the screen turns grey and even at 100% the front light is not bright enough to compete against the sun.
I'm still trying to like it.

The buttons on the Libra are much snappier than the ones on the Forma.

Last edited by Bald Eagle; Yesterday at 11:26 AM.
Bald Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, libra