View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I bought my Boox T68 for the same reasons you did. I've been very satisfied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alain_desilets View Post
Also, in order to use this device to answer email, I had to get a Bluetooth keyboard, because otherwise, you have to type with a “single finger” (the screen only works with the stylus) and that’s way too slow for my taste. I didn’t mind buying the keyboard but the problem was that every time I put down the tablet for say, 30 mins, it would loose the bluetooth connection.
I don't know that I'd call the need for a BT keyboard a deficiency. As far as dropping the connection, are you sure it's the tablet and not the KB? Also, I'd try the Google keyboard. It has a swipe mode which works very well on my Boox T68.

Quote:
The web browser took forever to display most pages (like… 30 seconds per new page), and very often, it would not properly refresh pages when paging up or down.
This kind of major annoyances happened regularly, I’d say about once every 30 mins at least.
This is certainly something I would complain about and probably return it. I can't see Onyx not taking it back for that reason.

Quote:
I downloaded and installed an app called Set Orientation. It worked fine for 2 days, until I ran the Onyx pen calibration routine. At that point, the device became completely unusable, because there is a bug in Onyx’s calibration routine (it does not take current orientation into account).
I can’t even reset the device to factory settings, because you can’t do that using only physical buttons on the device.
I'd try a factory reset like CoronarJunkee advises. And I wouldn't calibrate the pen in landscape mode again
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote