View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 06:54 AM   #20
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oddly similar to the method I learned from my mother decades back. The only difference is that instead of turning the heat to low, you turn the heat off completely and leave the eggs in the pot for 12 minutes instead of 11 minutes.

Admittedly, I have seen many methods for hard boiled eggs—some of which I wouldn't touch with a 3 metre slotted spoon—and people have sworn by almost any of them.
Putting the eggs in cold water and bringing to a boil cause the membrane to contract and stick to the egg. This makes it harder to peel the eggs. Putting them into already boiling water or into a steamer basket causes the membrane to stick to the shell. This makes peeling easier.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote