View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 12:04 PM   #15
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleing View Post
I have bought Humble Bundles before, but they were always downloaded directly from their site. This bundle says to access the books through the Kobo website - how does that work? I want to stuff them into Calibre along with the books I buy from Amazon. Will I be able to log into the Kobo site and download them like I do from Amazon? What about DRM? Does this involve the Adobe system?

Thanks.
HB emails you a link to a page on their site which links to a special page on kobo.com where you can select which of the 39 books you want to get. (Weird but OK..)

That HB page also has a hidden redemption code. On that special Kobo page there's something like a redeem button, and at some point you type in the redemption code.

The books then appear in your Kobo library, just the same as any other purchased book.

At least one of the books has an option to be downloaded with Adobe DRM, but the default is to use Kobo DRM.

I might be misremembering if HB's email had the link or which page showed you the redemption code, but that's basically the gist.

Now, back to arguing the toss with posters who believe they know better than a book's author.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote