View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 07:34 AM   #16
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
I think you'd still need root... unless a .pbi installer can write to an unrooted /mnt/secure???

Can someone that's not rooted try the attached installer? Rename without the .zip
e.g. EnableOPDS.pbi
and save to your device. After unplugging the USB (or a reboot) the installer will appear in the device book library. Select it and choose install. Reboot when done, then see if you have "Network Libraries" available in the library drop-down menu.

FYI: Some OPDS catalogs listed in the wiki HERE
(barely half are working though - Project Gutenberg and the Internet Archive work well)
Be careful with that. Those files are device dependent and there are a lot of options in that cfg and those are often individualized by the service. Overwriting it isn't a good idea. And sorry I don't know a way to to get this file from the device without root.

Edit: Just had a look at your installer. I suspect it will not work. Afaik the installer has access to mnt/secure but not the app it is installing.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 03-01-2024 at 07:40 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote