View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 09:03 PM   #13
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardamomDragon View Post
One is that I couldn't check some of the options boxes, specifically Rotate output to landscape, Native PDF output, and color output.
That is because some options are mutually exclusive. To enable that option, you need to to set conversion mode option to null (the option is at the very bottom). The plugin follows the Windows GUI of the original program in this respect.

Quote:
Another is that I tried adding "-om 0.2" in the additional options box to get a little bit of a margin, and in the preview it didn't change anything at all.
The plugin function is to pass the option to the k2pdfopt program. Anything the program does or does not after this is out of the scope of the plugin.

Quote:
I then ran the file through the plugin, and it correctly took the old file and changed its extension and created a new PDF file, but when I tried to open the new file I got the "could not be opened" error from Preview. "It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize."
Cannot comment on this unless I test the pdf file with the same options you chose. The main thing I would be looking for is to make sure that the plugin is passing the options to the k2pdfopt binary correctly.

If there is anything related to the original program, you can ask in the k2pdfopt thread, but I recommend you first consult the k2pdfopt help page before posting there.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote