Thread: Does kobo spy?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 02:32 PM   #26
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How do you buy eBooks without giving any details?
I give Kobo an fake email address to create an account. I then go to a local shop and purchase a Kobo gift card paying cash. I make a purchase on my Kobo account, add the gift card at payment time and bob's your uncle. I would use the Tor browser since it does a better job of protecting my real IP address than most VPNs.

This even works if I want to use Kobo Plus since Kobo will happily use the store credit from gift cards to pay for Kobo Plus. Admittedly, syncing the Kobo Plus books to my Kobo is a bit of a risk since it's IP address will be needed for the sync process but there a router level VPN would help. There are other ways to download ebooks from Kobo but most of them are more trouble than they are worth.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-10-2024 at 02:34 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote