View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 05:12 PM   #9520
kamille3
Enthusiast
kamille3 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
FFF isn't reading the author page anymore, so that shouldn't matter. You just give FFF a story (or 'chapter') URL.
I don't get it. I pasted author page url into FFF and it didn't grab all the stories for me.

When I manually clicked show more button on the author to reveal all the story urls and then extracted the story links with a link grabber extension and pasted it into FFF, a few of the series downloaded as separate chapters not as one whole story with multiple chapters.

Quote:
This is a significant site change. For many (all multi-chapter) stories the 'canonical' story URL is changing, which may cause that depending on what you're doing.

The individual chapter URLs changing could also have that effect. I honestly don't know if the chapter URLs changed or not--I don't have any old epubs for this site.

Short answer: I'm not surprised that's happening. I'd have to see your 'before' epubs to know why exactly, and even then it may not be avoidable.
I guess FFF is redownloading because in the earlier versions the main url for a story series used to be the url of the first chapter of the series but now they are using a separate series /se/ url.

Quote:
Besides, you're only updating when there's new chapters, not attempting updates on lots 'just in case', right?
Yes, I was just checking if things were working same as before or not.

Also, I notice that now story series include multiple genres in its tags while in the previous versions only the genre of the first chapter of the series was used. Is this the intended behavior?

And again thanks for the all the fixes.
kamille3 is offline   Reply With Quote