View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 10:50 AM   #2638
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I'm sick of all those sites that waste my bandwidth (and time) to send the whole text of something and then they fade it away after the first sentence with a perky "Read more!"
Agreed. I suspect they do it for the same reason salesmen were once told to get the customer to say "yes" to a few innocuous questions as a way to prime them to say "yes" to the big question. I'll bet if you click on "Read more" you will be more likely to take the next step and click on "Buy now."
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote