View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 06:15 PM   #6
jviscosi
Connoisseur
jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jviscosi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Focus, Nook Glowlight 4/4+, Inkbook Obsidian, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
1. Is there anyone who still purchases books from BN only? Is there a special reason or is it just because that's the only e-reader you have and don't care about owning the eBook files?
I don't think I ever purchased books from BN.

Quote:
2. If you recently purchased a GL4 for the 32GB of space, did you know when you purchased it that BN would prevent you from using it all, and that you would only be able to access 5GB of space for your own, non-BN eBooks/PDFs?
I was pretty sure this would be the case, but my ebook files are small so I figured no big deal. Plus I only planned to put a subset of books on the GL4.

Quote:
3. If you knew that would discontinue the Read in Store for 1 hour free program in April 2024, would you have purchased a Nook GL4/4e/4+ anyway or gone for Kobo, Kindle, PocketBook or another brand?
I don't care about this feature since who has time to go sit in a B&N store for an hour reading??? But I used to have a friend who was into Nooks and she used to do this. It was a big selling point for her.

Quote:
4. Did you purchase NOOK ereaders because you liked the ergonomics and former ease of using them as Android e-ink readers (Dev Settings is pw locked as of April 2024)? Or were there other reasons you purchased a NOOK?
They sent me a good coupon for the GL4 for no apparent reason so I figured I would try it. I was surprised how nice the hardware was and said so to my wife, who proceeded to buy me a GL4+ as a birthday present. That hardware is pretty nice too, but I missed using the Android reader I like, Moon+ Reader, so I did some checking around, and lo! It used to be possible to install other apps on the Nook. USED TO BE. I got in under the wire, but I wouldn't buy another one at this point, what with the function being locked now.

Quote:
5. Are you excited about an eBook subscription plan from BN?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha no.
jviscosi is offline   Reply With Quote