View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:42 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As far as WebP images and ePub ebooks go, until ePub3.3, WebP images were not part of the ePub standard's core media types and very few ePub renderers(*) that I have tested will display them. I also played with WebP images and Send to Kindle and again, the images did not display unless I wanted to see the camera with a exclamation mark in a triangle error indicator.

* The three renderers that worked were the ones used by Thorium, Sigil (epub editor) preview and calibre's ebook-editor preview. All three are browser based. When testing with Sigil, I also have the BibiReader, EpubJSReader and RadiumReader output plugins installed and the BibiReader plugin did not display the images.

None of my eInk devices showed the images.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-25-2024 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Corrected that WebP images were added to core image types in the ePub 3.3. standard
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote