Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2024, 03:12 AM   #16
RodRiquez
Enthusiast
RodRiquez began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Well last night the Clara just shut off again & when I restarted it was 0%. So that means charging to 100% just a few days ago has expired very quickly.

It could be a coincidental glitch. (not sleeping?) That has inexplicably happened a few times over my ownership.
I love the Clara, but it does have its fair share of glitches.

I live in the UK currently.
RodRiquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 04:30 AM   #17
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yeah, if you've gone from a few months, to one month, to a few days on a single charge, your battery is definitely shot now, and you'll either have to replace it or get a Clara 2E/BW. The only other explanation I can think of is maybe the Clara got stuck syncing and drained the battery overnight.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2024, 06:15 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRiquez View Post
Well last night the Clara just shut off again & when I restarted it was 0%. So that means charging to 100% just a few days ago has expired very quickly.

It could be a coincidental glitch. (not sleeping?) That has inexplicably happened a few times over my ownership.
I love the Clara, but it does have its fair share of glitches.

I live in the UK currently.
Here's where you can get a better with tools shipped to the UK.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003003360822.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #19
RodRiquez
Enthusiast
RodRiquez began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Thanks, that's cheap. Do I need to solder this?
(I sold my iron when I moved country last time, so ill need a new one if so)
RodRiquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:24 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRiquez View Post
Thanks, that's cheap. Do I need to solder this?
(I sold my iron when I moved country last time, so ill need a new one if so)
I would say no need to solder as the battery wires have the clippy thing to go on the pins. You can see it on the picture of the battery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.png
Views:	20
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	208388
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery life, clara hd