Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2020, 12:08 AM   #106
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
What's the difference between rescan_books and rescan_books_full ?
So far, the former has done what I need.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:14 AM   #107
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
What's the difference between rescan_books and rescan_books_full ?
So far, the former has done what I need.
rescan_books only does a scan for new books, but rescan_books_full simulates a USB plug/unplug cycle (for conf file changes, DB changes, cache purges, filesystem checks, UI updates, book changes, etc).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #108
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
When i used MiniClock with NickelMenu, Minicklock dosn´t toggle, when i activate Nightmode, with the MenuButton, what is wrong there?
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:27 AM   #109
lvhuyen
lvhuyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I can't vouch for the stock busybox applet (although I assume people have used it successfully in the past), but a current busybox build behaves just fine (tested w/ lftp).
Hi NiLuJe: can I have some more details about the `current busybox`?
Thanks
lvhuyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #110
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@lvhuyen: The one in my back of tricks.

(Which already starts an sshd+telnetd+ftpd on boot anyway).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2020, 11:21 PM   #111
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NickelMenu v0.1.1

This release adds a new `nickel_open` action, which allows you to replicate the behavior of the default menu items (Books, Articles, Collections, etc) plus a few additional actions.
Code:
nickel_open - one of:
    discover:storefront       - Kobo Store
    discover:wishlist         - Wishlist
    library:library           - My Books (with last filter)
    library:library2          - My Books (with last tab and filter)
    library:all               - Books
    library:authors           - Authors
    library:series            - Series (4.20.14601+)
    library:shelves           - Collections
    library:pocket            - Articles
    library:dropbox           - Dropbox (4.18.13737+)
    reading_life:reading_life - Activity (with last tab)
    reading_life:stats        - Activity
    reading_life:awards       - Awards
    reading_life:words        - My Words
    store:overdrive           - OverDrive (4.10.11655+) (note: if you don't have an active OverDrive account, it will give you a "Network Error")
    store:search              - Search
See the release on GitHub for more details.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #112
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
I've been getting a ton of use out of NickelMenu; It's much more convenient than using the wonky KSM version for Formas.

A feature I think would be incredible would be if I could make a button to toggle between "Refresh screen every page" and "Refresh screen every chapter."

I read enough PDFs and CBZs that I'm constantly in the settings changing it back and forth. Just an idea.

Thanks for the hard work.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #113
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHess View Post
A feature I think would be incredible would be if I could make a button to toggle between "Refresh screen every page" and "Refresh screen every chapter."
Do you mean something like nickel_setting:toggle_refresh:<num_pages> which would toggle [Reading].numPartialUpdatePageTurns between 4294967295 and num_pages?
Old 06-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #114
geek1011
Wizard

NickelMenu v0.1.2

This release adds two new actions: `nickel_misc:home` and `nickel_wifi`.
Code:
nickel_wifi - one of:
    autoconnect        - attempts to enable and connect to wifi (similar to what happens when you open a link)
    autoconnect_silent - attempts to connect to wifi in the background (does nothing if wifi is disabled, the battery is low, is already connected, or there aren't any known networks in range) (no errors are shown) (similar to what happens when you turn on the Kobo)
    enable             - enables WiFi (but doesn't necessarily connect to it)
    disable            - disables WiFi
    toggle             - toggles WiFi (but doesn't necessarily connect to it)
See the release on GitHub for more details.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #115
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
NickelMenu v0.1.2

This release adds two new actions: `nickel_misc:home` ...
Thanks for the new Home option
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:13 AM   #116
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Do you mean something like nickel_setting:toggle_refresh:<num_pages> which would toggle [Reading].numPartialUpdatePageTurns between 4294967295 and num_pages?
Yeah, that would be really useful.

Or if that's convoluted, maybe instead of a toggle it could just be nickel_setting:refresh:<num_pages>
Might be more user friendly.
Then you could achieve the same result with two buttons.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:31 AM   #117
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHess View Post
Yeah, that would be really useful.

Or if that's convoluted, maybe instead of a toggle it could just be nickel_setting:refresh:<num_pages>
Might be more user friendly.
Then you could achieve the same result with two buttons.
@geek1011: A simple setter sounds good, yeah. Can easily be scripted as a toggle since the value is readable in the config.

But if you really want to make it a toggle in NM, allow setting both "sides" of the toggle directly (with, err, perhaps something more human-readable than the underflowed -1 ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:30 AM   #118
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Just installed 0.1.2 and tested home! Thanks. (Ok, forgot to test wifi, that's next.)

I don't know if it has always done this, but library:library makes my kobo reboot.
Library:library2 is fine. I suspect an uninitialized variable for some view I've never visited.

edit: wifi works great!

Last edited by compurandom; 06-17-2020 at 06:23 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #119
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Building on @DevonHess's request ...

Might it be possible to introduce some kind of generic 'set Theme' feature where several (user-definable) config items are set with a single menu item. For example to set a NightMode theme I may want to change several config variables simultaneously:
Code:
InvertScreen=True
ColorSetting=1500
FrontLightLevel=1
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=-1
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #120
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Building on @DevonHess's request ...

Might it be possible to introduce some kind of generic 'set Theme' feature where several (user-definable) config items are set with a single menu item. For example to set a NightMode theme I may want to change several config variables simultaneously:
Code:
InvertScreen=True
ColorSetting=1500
FrontLightLevel=1
numPartialUpdatePageTurns=-1
You should be able to use the "chain" mechanism for that.

Basically, something like:
Code:
menu_item : main : Theme label : <first setting> : <first arg>
chain_success : <second setting> : <second arg>
chain_success : <third setting> : <third arg>
menu_item : main : Another menu item : <another setting> : <another arg>
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel