Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-17-2023, 11:22 AM   #601
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthxm View Post
Or if jailbreak May help?
There is no jailbreak yet for firmware 5.16.3 and higher.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 07:41 AM   #602
Gunslinger.KW
Gunslinger.KW began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
If I want to copy the files manually, where do I place the generated kll and asc files?
Gunslinger.KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2023, 09:19 AM   #603
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger.KW View Post
If I want to copy the files manually, where do I place the generated kll and asc files?
In the .sdr directory with the same name as the book.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:59 PM   #604
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Upload files to MTP devices feature has been added to the master branch, please download the test plugin from GitHub Actions artifacts.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 03:39 AM   #605
Divingo
Divingo began at the beginning.

Hello, and thank you for this wonderful plugin.

I have a Kindle Scribe and I want to use WordDumb with books in KFX format (I do have KFX Input).

I have downloaded the latest test plugin from GitHub Actions artifacts but in Calibre, nothing happens when I click on "Create Word Wise" and no folder is created in my Kindle's storage, so Word Wise is not available when I'm reading.

I also get an error when I go to Preferences > Customize Kindle Word Wise > Ok which says "Device not found: Definition data will be added when Kindle or Android(requires adb) device is connected". But my Kindle Scribe is connected and recognized by Calibre.

Could I get some help? Thanks!
Divingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2023, 06:44 AM   #606
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What's your calibre, OS and Kindle firmware version?

I use this line of code to check if Kindle device is connected: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/bl...d_file.py#L175

This should always works, unless calibre's driver uses a different value but that's unlikely.

I suspect calibre's Windows MTP driver code doesn't fill this value, this code works on Linux and mac.

Last edited by xxyzz; 11-28-2023 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:38 AM   #607
Divingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
What's your calibre, OS and Kindle firmware version?

I use this line of code to check if Kindle device is connected: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/bl...d_file.py#L175

This should always works, unless calibre's driver uses a different value but that's unlikely.

I suspect calibre's Windows MTP driver code doesn't fill this value, this code works on Linux and mac.
Thank you for your reply!

- Calibre version : 7.1
- Kindle firmware version : 5.16.4

So I'm indeed using Windows.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:11 AM   #608
alexwontlose
alexwontlose began at the beginning.

Hi, tried everything but couldnt find a solution.
I own a Paperwhite and a Scribe, on the Paperwhite the Plugin works perfect if i chose do send EPUB to the Paperwhite.
While for the Scribe nothing works
AZW, KFX it will show creating files but does nothing after it, if i chose EPUB it sends the book to the Scribe but. EPUB wont show up

Hope someone can help
alexwontlose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:25 AM   #609
alexwontlose

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwontlose View Post
Hi, tried everything but couldnt find a solution.
I own a Paperwhite and a Scribe, on the Paperwhite the Plugin works perfect if i chose do send EPUB to the Paperwhite.
While for the Scribe nothing works
AZW, KFX it will show creating files but does nothing after it, if i chose EPUB it sends the book to the Scribe but. EPUB wont show up

Hope someone can help
Couldnt Edit: Tested it again with the Paperwhite every format works fine.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:23 AM   #610
xxyzz
Evangelist

How about this change: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/co...1d56d81ca433ff? Please download the test build for this commit.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:29 PM   #611
alexwontlose

Quote:
How about this change: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/co...1d56d81ca433ff? Please download the test build for this commit.
Thx for the quick Answer, now it uploads the book to the scribe but word wise and xray dont show up :/
Old 11-29-2023, 02:24 PM   #612
Divingo

Quote:
As for me, I no longer have any error when using the app.

Selecting "Create Word Wise" now sends the file from Calibre to my Kindle (which was not the case before), but I only have the .kfx file in my device and no file related to Word Wise. Hence, I don't have access to Word Wise when reading.
Old 11-29-2023, 07:13 PM   #613
xxyzz
Evangelist

I tested the code on an android device and it can upload the book and word wise files to the sdr folder.

For example, book file path is `documents/book.kfx`, and word wise is at `documents/book.sdr/LanguageLayer.en.asin.kll`. It should be the same on scribe. Unless scribe doesn't save word wise file like other kindle?
Old 11-30-2023, 02:16 AM   #614
Divingo

Quote:
I tested the code on an android device and it can upload the book and word wise files to the sdr folder.

For example, book file path is `documents/book.kfx`, and word wise is at `documents/book.sdr/LanguageLayer.en.asin.kll`. It should be the same on scribe. Unless scribe doesn't save word wise file like other kindle?
I have downloaded a book with Word Wise directly from the Kindle store and I have a sdr folder related to the book with a LanguageLayer.en.B008476HBM.kll file inside it (and word wise with this book is working well on my device).
Old 11-30-2023, 03:45 AM   #615
xxyzz
Evangelist

Please install the build for this commit: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/co...94b596ebd60b1f

then run calibre in debug mode and post these `print` values.

Tags
worddumb, x-ray