Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-06-2024, 07:37 AM   #1
QU2C371FcY
Enthusiast
QU2C371FcY began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any way to recover from "apsw.BusyError: BusyError: database is locked"?

I googled this issue, and looks like I made a mistake by starting my library on a NAS. I spent half my weekend setting things up and fixing the tags in my books, and now after a reboot I can't open my library.

The error I get is below and I would appreciate any help you can provide. I would hate to have to start over, especially because I was aggressively deleting things after adding them to Calibre.

Code:
calibre, version 7.10.0
ERROR: Failed to repair library: Restoring database failed, click "Show details" to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/db/restore.py", line 156, in run
  File "calibre/db/restore.py", line 284, in create_cc_metadata
  File "calibre/db/restore.py", line 56, in __init__
  File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 485, in __init__
  File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1443, in initialize_database
  File "src/cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.BusyError: BusyError: database is locked
QU2C371FcY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 08:50 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Reboot both the NAS and your computer. If you are using Windows, reboot the computer in safe mode with networking. Then without starting calibre, copy the library from the NAS to a local disk. Reboot in normal mode if needed, then use calibre to open the local library. Immediately run calibre's "check library" to see what damage you are facing.

If calibre can't open the local library then try to rebuild it, as you apparently already tried to do with the NAS copy.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 02:16 PM   #3
QU2C371FcY
Enthusiast
QU2C371FcY began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was able to copy the library locally, and it seems to be intact. Thank you for you help.

I am going to set up calibre on my NAS right away.
QU2C371FcY is offline   Reply With Quote