I think i use kobo touch driver

How can i see which one im using and

What is the diffrence between them?

SM-N9500 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
ozgurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgurs View Post
I think i use kobo touch driver

How can i see which one im using and

What is the diffrence between them?

SM-N9500 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
The KoboTouchExtended driver has the capability to convert .epub ebooks to .kepub.epub ebooks while sending them to your Kobo ereader. Basically, your Kobo ereader has two renderers. One is Adobe's RMSDK which is used for epub and pdf with Adobe's ADEPT DRM or without. The other is an epub3 renderer based on the ACCESS NetFront BookReader Epub codebase. There are advantages to both (for example, RMSDK has better font handling, ACCESS has epub3 support and allows you to zoom images). The .epub/.kepub.epub filetype is used to select which renderer to use.

If you have the KoboUtilities plugin installed, you can check from there. Otherwise, you can look in calibre's Preferences => Plugins and search for kobotouch. One driver will be greyed out and say This plugin has been disabled.

My personal preference is for RMSDK since I tend to be a bit fanatical about typography and I have very few books where the images are worth zooming(*). Those few books are pre-converted to filename.kepub and calibre/Kobotouch driver appends the .epub when sending to the device.

* One book purchase about a year back had 6 "full page" maps which looked like crap. Looking at the contents of the epub, they are 300x400 pixels. The author had larger images available on his website which I downloaded and copied into the epub adding about 10MB to the file size.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2020, 05:32 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can be perverse and use the Extended driver and turn off the "on the transfer conversion to kepub". It also has an option regarding CSS.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:24 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You can be perverse and use the Extended driver and turn off the "on the transfer conversion to kepub". It also has an option regarding CSS.
What CSS option does the extended driver has that the built-in driver doesn't have?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:13 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What CSS option does the extended driver has that the built-in driver doesn't have?
Maybe it's on both then and I only noticed it on the Extended Driver. I don't use it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2020, 07:17 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Maybe it's on both then and I only noticed it on the Extended Driver. I don't use it.
The only differences in options are the last tab. The "Modify CSS" option is handled a little differently with respect to where the extended driver will look for the extra CSS file, but, most of the function is in the built-in driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:36 AM   #7
ozgurs
Enthusiast
ozgurs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
* One book purchase about a year back had 6 "full page" maps which looked like crap. Looking at the contents of the epub, they are 300x400 pixels. The author had larger images available on his website which I downloaded and copied into the epub adding about 10MB to the file size.

Cool!.. you know what you want from the books you're reading : )

thanks..
Old 05-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #8
ozgurs
Enthusiast
ozgurs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The only differences in options are the last tab. The "Modify CSS" option is handled a little differently with respect to where the extended driver will look for the extra CSS file, but, most of the function is in the built-in driver.
Then if i dont need anc CSS customiztion at this time..
Kobo Touch driver
which i belive is the built in driver, is good to continue with..