Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-06-2024, 06:01 PM   #1
sevengali
sevengali began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Sorting series with interim books/novellas

Hi,

Recently got my first Kobo, and immediately put KOReader on it - love it, thank you for the hard work.

Sorry for the title - I know "series sort" is somewhat controversial I have searched the forum and GitHub, for both series sort and my specific question below, and have subscribed to https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8472

I largely solved this issue by configuring Calibre to sync to my Kobo like so

Code:
{series}/{series_index:0>3s} - {title}
This means you end with

Series/1 - Book One
Series/2 - Book Two

Which until just now I was perfectly content with.

A handful of my series have interim/novellas, i.e. book 1.1 and 1.2. I've just noticed period get sorted to be after number, so all of these books sort at the end of the folder after the main series is concluded.

Series/1 - Book One
Series/2 - Book Two
Series/3 - Book Three
Series/1.1 - Book One (novella one)
Series/1.2 - Book One (novella two)
Series/2.1 - Book Two (novella one)

Is there a more graceful way of handling this without bumping all the books up to whole numbers? Can I prioritize period on the sort algorithm to be before numbers?

Thank you.
sevengali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 11:37 PM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
I'm not sure I get it right, but try "Sort by name (natural sorting)".
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 05:39 AM   #3
sevengali
sevengali began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Can't believe I missed trying that... Thank you!
sevengali is offline   Reply With Quote