Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-09-2023, 08:59 AM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Curious why holding ctrl to drag and drop text would be necessary (or recommended). Are you dragging and dropping or copy/pasting? I admit drag 'n' drop text editing is not my cup of tea. I disable all code-completion, code-collapsing, and drag and drop wherever possible in my Code Editors. In my experience, their only purpose seems to be to do things that I don't want to be done. Does ctrl leave the text in place while dragging a copy to a new location?

Otherwise, Turtle91's explanation for what's happening seems highly likely. Holding ctrl while left clicking a class name has had that behavior for quite a while now, I believe.

If that's indeed the case, overlap with a Sigil feature is one more reason why drag 'n' drop in Code View is unlikely to be officially supported.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-09-2023 at 10:00 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 11:18 AM   #32
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
If you still have to highlight a word in order to drag and drop copy(with cntrl key held down) why not just use copy and paste shortcuts? They are faster, and both require the keyboard.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 06:58 PM   #33
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I discovered what was stopping me from getting two instances of Sigil to run.

In the situation where I've wanted two instances I was using a version of calibre portable in which I had the calibre Open With plugin installed. Because of my use of kb shortcuts I'd forgotten the plugin was there.

I've replaced it with a version of calibre that has Kovid's built-in Open With… from it I can start multiple instances of Sigil… with the same shortcut (Shift+S), of course.

Drag-drop copy/move of text blocks can be effective in a word processor with word, sentence, paragraph, and page select, particularly if you have a mouse with shift, ctrl and alt buttons. In a code editor less so.

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-09-2023 at 07:31 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:52 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
In the situation where I've wanted two instances I was using a version of calibre portable in which I had the calibre Open With plugin installed.
I swear someday I'm going to change my signature to: "Before reporting a Sigil issue, please make sure you can duplicate it when launching Sigil completely independent of calibre."
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 11:30 PM   #35
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I swear someday I'm going to change my signature to: "Before reporting a Sigil issue, please make sure you can duplicate it when launching Sigil completely independent of calibre."
Pssst: I have signatures turned off
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 11:52 AM   #36
cavy
cavy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST2, Kindle DXG y PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanos View Post
In Sigil 2.0.1, if I select text in the editor and hold Control to copy while dragging, as soon as I click the left mouse button the view is swapped to the style sheet as though I had pressed F3.
Once the text is selected, you have to press the left mouse button before Control.
cavy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issue