Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-18-2024, 08:53 AM   #1
WhiiskeyTango
WhiiskeyTango began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Pocketbook lux 5 VCOM settings

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to change the VCOM settings of the lux 5 (PB628).

I replaced the screen of my broken lux 5, and it works but with a lot of ghosting. My guess is that the VCOM is different from the original, but I can't seem to find out where these settings could be changed.

Thanks!
WhiiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 04:30 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Those settings are defined in a file in the boot partition.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2024, 09:15 AM   #3
WhiiskeyTango
WhiiskeyTango began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Do you happen to know which file the vcom settings are in? I believe I have checked every file within the /system partition but I haven't found anything related to vcom yet.
WhiiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 09:24 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
I don't have a PB628, so I write about the PB 626.
There is one boot partition (not system partition, that is another one).
In this boot partition a file vcom has the value stored. Content of my boot partition, yours might vary slightly:
linux (folder)
320_G110_AA9224_ED060XD4U2_TC.wbf
bImage
boot.axf
boot.ini
default.wbf
drv_de.drv
hwconfig
hwconfig.upd
low_pwr.bmp
magic.bin
REV