Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Who knows about ebook advertising?

I have a million questions. It seems most places that accept advertising only accept it for a single day. (But I don't know.) So is it usually just for a day or do some places run for multiple days? And if the ads run for multiple days, do they charge more?

And then places like BookBub have this bizarre pricing (at least it seems to me). (See attachment) The price plummets for the "Free" column at around the Sci-Fi point. And I'm a Romantic Suspense writer and so if I reduce my price to 99 cents I'm paying $260 but if I make the book free it's $6???? That seems crazy.

And then there's the thing that a lot of them have that you have to maintain the non-discounted price for at least three months. But then a lot of places have such rules, so effectively you can only advertise once every three months.

And back to the free thing, if I make the book free (I'm not in KDP Select) I'll have to make it perma-free and then it's often quite difficult to get KDP to put the price back up. Not to mention the hassle of making the book free in other places to get KDP to make it free.

Anybody got any helpful ideas for doing some advertising sanely (and hopefully simply)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_102.png
Views:	213
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	131262  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote