Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-04-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
deliadam
deliadam began at the beginning.

Device: i dont have
Looking for note taking device

Hello all,

I'm looking for digital note taking book/pen or any other technology that suits my needs

My major needs are;

- Palm rejection for easy note taking
- Device shouldn't need any other device such as iPhone or Androd phones, tablets.
- Also I want to seek my previous notes...
- Low battery consumption, so no high-tech tablets..

And book reading, web browsing, backlight, etc. are my minor requests..

So is there any device can handle these?

P.S: Sony DPTS-1 is filling my all requests, even it converts your anolog writing to digital. But it's too expensive for now.. My budget is around $700
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E-Ink-Mobius-2.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	133291  

Last edited by deliadam; 01-04-2015 at 07:51 AM.
deliadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #2
scoot.at
FlapJack
scoot.at began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Onyx Boox Note
You need kindle paperwhite or any e-ink devices. You can simply take notes. All notes that you've taken loads in your kindle, to 'clippings' file. You can arrange your notes on available pc programmes ( you can simply find those clipping programmes). And you can use your device for at least 3 weeks without charging. Will not regret to buy!
scoot.at is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
As far as I know the Paperwhite (or any other e-Ink reader) doesn't have "Palm rejection", and they're not meant for taking notes anyway. What you'll need for that would be a tablet with a Wacom (or similar?) touchscreen or one of those cheep pen/clipboard combos where you can export your writings to your PC.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Or, an old Palm device that supports Graffiti. I miss Graffiti.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
Boogie Board Sync? It requires an external device to view the previously saved notes, but it does have palm rejection and you can't view the previously saved images.

Sharp enote: http://www.amazon.com/SHARP-sharp-el.../dp/B00AQTYNI0 (note that this is a Japanese import, so instructions will be in Japanese. See the user reviews)
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/1...-3-cad-reader/

The CAD reader has similar specs to the Sony and is half the price. But its not released yet.

Edit: It has no touch screen. Forget it.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #7
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
What's your definition of "low battery consumption" and why are tablets discounted? An Asus Vivotab Note 8 might work --- battery seems to last all day for most users.

I really wanted to justify buying an Asus EEE Note EA800 a while back....

Perhaps the Livescribe? article here: http://www.techlicious.com/tip/best-...s-and-devices/
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #8
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
What you need for palm rejection and accurate handwriting is an electromagnetic layer in the screen, such as that made by Wacom.
You have three major options:
1. Color LCD tablets. This is the most versatile solution and there are several Android and Windows tablets with this technology, such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or 10.1, or the Microsoft Surface. They usually can digitise your handwritten notes and also store them as pictures, export them wirelessly to a cloud service, etc. Battery life varies.You can install various handwriting apps, so you have a good chance of finding what you need. Standard capacitive screens (Ipad, Galaxy Tab) won't do.
2. Monochrome LCD tablets. These are rare but designed specifically for note-taking. I use the Asus EeeNote EA800 daily and can highly recommend it. There is no light, and the screen has less contrast than e-ink, but the software is great. It's also much cheaper than a full-on tablet. The aforementioned Sharp WG- N20 also belongs in this category.
3. Some e-ink readers also have electromagnetic screens. Current devices include some (not all) Onyx and Hanvon models. Discontinued devices include the Irex Iliad, the DR800, and the DR1000S.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:42 PM   #9
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Netronix shows 13.3" flexible E Ink digitizer sub-400gr i.MX6 Solo Lite Android note taker and reader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Sn...ature=youtu.be

three more months for mass production.

Last edited by markom; 01-08-2015 at 10:03 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #10
zxcvbs
zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zxcvbs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k3
is there something new, eye friendly and with stylus?
zxcvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #11
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Or, an old Palm device that supports Graffiti. I miss Graffiti.
Yes, I could write much faster with Graffiti than I can with a onscreen keyboard.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:20 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbs View Post
is there something new, eye friendly and with stylus?
How about the Netronix device which Markom says was released in April?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #13
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How about the Netronix device which Markom says was released in April?
Regretfully, even Pocketbook could release its 13" eink before Netronix finds some partner.

http://the-digital-reader.com/2015/0...ereader-video/

E Ink and Netronix form a New e-Reader Company

http://goodereader.com/blog/e-paper/...reader-company

+ new Freescale processors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhBBYmFPw8

And let's dream about affordable (500-600 $) 13.3" eink reader/note-taker by the end of 2017.

Last edited by markom; 08-21-2015 at 12:07 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh dear. Thanks for the update!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #15
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
What about:

http://www.noteslate.com/index_shiro.html ?
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote