Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-10-2023, 01:16 PM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Error in built-in RegEx function

I was looking to create a RegEx function and wanted to see how one of the others was set up, so I opened one (clicked the 'Create/Edit' button on Lower-Case Text)

Without changing anything, as I just wanted to see how it was set up, I clicked 'OK' and I got the following error message:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.24.0
ERROR: Invalid Python code: The code you created is not valid Python code, with error: cannot import name 'change_case' from 'calibre.utils.icu' (C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\calibre\utils\icu.pyc)

I realize that perhaps while I was checking this out I might have inadvertently changed something, I wasn't really paying attention, so I checked 'Upper-case text'. This time I definitely touched only the 'OK' button and got the same error message.

I checked 'Title-case text', and this one does NOT give me the error message.

Here is what is in the Function:

Spoiler:
Code:
from calibre.utils.icu import change_case
from calibre.ebooks.oeb.polish.utils import apply_func_to_match_groups

def replace(match, number, file_name, metadata, dictionaries, data, functions, *args, **kwargs):
    '''Make matched text lower case. If the regular expression contains groups,
    only the text in the groups will be changed, otherwise the entire text is
    changed.'''
    return apply_func_to_match_groups(match, lower)
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 10:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...12936f7a6cd1c7
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2023, 10:15 PM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Ok. Thank you. I was almost convinced I did something, even though I was also sure I didn't
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote