Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
.lit to pdf or epub?

I have a Sony 505 and I have a couple of books I would like to convert to pdf or epub so that I can read them on my 505.

This is something I know absolutely nothing about at all. Can anyone help? I'm not the best techie, so I'll need easy instructions if it's actually doable.

Thanks in advance.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Do you have Calibre ?

That will convert an unprotected .lit to epub (or lrf) for your Sony very quickly and easily.

Probably best to have a look at Calibre and if you need more help come back and ask.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Thanks for the quick reply Bilbo. No, I don't have Calibre. I'm off to check it out. Thanks again, I will probably be back.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Traye --- lrf will look better on your 505, but is a dying format. Epub won't look as nice, but it is better supported. I'm trying to stay with lrf for the time being, but I see the handwriting on the wall...
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Traye
Zealot

Hi Timoleon. I don't mind if it's a dying format, I'll certainly use it if it looks better. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Incidentally I just downloaded and used Calibre and I was stunned at how easy it was. I gave it a go before reading the instruction manual ( channeling my boyfriend here ) and it appears to have worked looking at the files on my pc.
Obviously I'll know more once I load the books onto my reader.

Thanks guys, you helped me out yet again.
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
No problem Traye, glad it worked OK for you.

By the way, if you do have any issues with Calibre, there is a dedicated forum for it on this site. The real experts hang out there, including Kovid (the guy who wrote it) so they'll be able to answer any questions you may have in the future.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote