Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #1
mahaveer
mahaveer began at the beginning.

Device: 123mahaveer@gmail.com
Exclamation How to update metadata information from excel (Publication Date,Tags)

I have a catalog of about 30000 books in excel. I have added those books in the calibre database using the command

=CONCATENATE("calibredb.exe add -e -a """&A2&""" -t"""&B2&"""")

which generates

calibredb.exe add -e -a "Warwick Deeping" -t "Exiles"

Using the above add I am only able add the Title and Author field.
I need to update the other fields :-

-Publication Date
-Tags

How can this be done ? It is very tedious for to do it manually for a list of 30000 books.

--Mahaveer
mahaveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
mahaveer

Kindly let me know if its possible ?
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I believe the only option would be to use the calibre-db set-metadata command. However, you'd need to somehow construct an OPF file containing the relevant metadata. I'm thinking that should be possible with VBScript (or whatever the current incarnation of Excel's scripting language is called).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
mahaveer

Thumbs up

Thank you for your response..I will try it.